Monday, November 28, 2016

2017 Brings New Adventures

            SO.....2017 is closing in and we're on the last leg of 2016. It's been a crazy year that has ended quicker than I thought. We moved, drastic changes with my oldest son...not the easiest situation, but God has complete control of it. And I'm back on track with y walk with God. We started going to a new church. It's young, but right where I need to be and God is using it as the vehicle to get my husband and kids in church. WOOHOO!!!!
    
           NOW....2017.....This is where the homeschooling adventure begins.
My youngest miracle is in second grade. He's attending the elementary school his brother and sister went to about 10 years ago. I loved this school!!! Always great teachers, they learned and did well. Never had any problems. Now...it's to the point where they want all children diagnosed with SOMETHING. My youngest is a bit of a daydreamer, but he's smart, and he's a boy...which means he's gonna think some things are boring. Reading and math. His teacher is bent and determined that he is inattentive ADHD. So, he was tested. HE'S NOT!!! I finally decided after the way I saw her crush his little spirit talking about him that I would start more seriously looking into homeschooling him. I've started purchasing curriculum, and when he leaves for Christmas break, he won't go back.
         God has put people in my life who have homeschooled their children and they are helping me learn and get started. He's not thrilled about it, but I know it's the best thing for him. I've gotten my husband on board and I'm super excited for this new adventure. I'm also going to be posting more on my blog to help keep me accountable for a more frugal lifestyle. We've got three of the older four in FFA in public school and they are raising pigs to show. So the money is tighter, so my frugality has to grow. I'll be posting my Five Frugal Things randomly like I've seen and love to read on The Non Consumer Advocate. I also started reading a new blog, The Fundamental Home. It's a good Christian read.
       SO until next post y'all.....
          

No comments:

Post a Comment