Sunday, September 2, 2012

Sorry I Left

Hey Chronicle Watchers!
I started the Blog Dare and failed MISERABLY at posting everyday! It started getting crazy at work and at home and things I love doing had to get put on the backburner. I can't promise that I will be able to post everyday from now on but I'm sure gonna try!
So I found some new blogs to read. I'm now an avid fan of The Frugal girl! I like some of her ideas such as homemade jelly. My husband and step kids just can't eat a biscuit without jelly. I already do homemade biscuits and NOT from a premise mix. I have a quick and easy recipe I follow. Again...I'm a Google nerd! So anyway, I ran out of jelly coupons and have always wanted to start home canning to save money. Well she has a SUPER QUICK SUPER EASY recipe for grape jelly and I tried it tonight!
It really didn't take long at all to make a small batch of jelly. I used white grape juice instead of purple and low sugar pectin,which I'll prolly switch to regular pectin for next batch. I had some left in the pan after I fixed the jars so I put some on a piece of toast. It was really good! My husband loved it too! Think I'm might just be a canning addict!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment