Thursday, February 20, 2014

Frugal Ways

        Ok....so I'm trying to work on getting more and more frugal and eating clean. Trying to take a page out of Katy's book from The Nonconsumer Advocate. It's especially hard when I'm working midnights. I'm getting better about being prepared though. So this week is my mid week of midnights, and I've done....sort of good.
        So I've been researching and when trying to eat clean I keep reading that frozen vegetables are just as good as fresh, knowing that I'll cook about 1 cup of vegetables with seasonings and a very small amount of butter. I add it to one cup of wild/brown rice (mixed). I pack it in my 3 Pyrex containers. I also bring sliced green apples and a jar of all natural peanut butter as my snack. Last night it ALL went down the drain. I didn't even TRY to save money. I can't remember what we ate, but I ate out with my dispatch partner. We work 12 hour shifts so I pack a larger lunch bag to make it through the entire shift. I did however eat one of my servings and some apples and peanut butter. I always bring my double wall mason jar style cup and we have a tea maker at work so I don't have to buy it.
        Tonight we ate out again when we first got to work, BUT...I remembered I had a gift card from Sonic. So I suggested we eat from there and I used my gift card. I only paid $1.16 for my entire dinner. It's now 3:45a and I've eaten another serving of my PFH food (packaged from home) and the rest of my apples and peanut butter. I'll leave the rest for tomorrow night's shift.
        Yeah....my partner and I eat a lot. I'm in shape....round is a shape. Thankfully I've got some new patterns I wanna try so the big girl clothes won't cost me anything.

No comments:

Post a Comment